Stephen R. Figlin & Associates


What is meant by the term "accredited" public insurance adjuster?

It means that Stephen R. Figlin & Associates act according to a strict code of ethics established by the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and is an accredited member of the Association.

Are Stephen R. Figlin & Associates connected with insurance companies?

No. We are employed exclusively by you - the policyholder- not by an insurance company.

How can Figlin & Associates help me?

You will have the advantage of expert assistance based on great experience in handling numerous technical problems. Figlin & Associates relieves you of the many time-consuming and difficult matters involved in preparing and filing a claim - and helps you to receive a prompt and fair settlement.

Can I prepare my own claim?

Sure, but it stands to reason that the accredited public insurance adjuster who has years of experience and training can do so with more competence than the policyholder.

More specifically, Stephen R. Figlin & Associates will assist you in the preparation of inventories, estimates and other factual proofs of loss. We will handle all the necessary details for compiling and filing claims, as required by the terms of your insurance policies. We will also confer, on your behalf, with insurance company representatives and handle all matters essential to a proper and satisfactory adjustment.

Why do I need help in filing an insurance claim?

The typical fire policy contains hundreds of provisions and stipulations - various forms and riders that are constantly changing and many complex details about your requirements in case of loss. Most people do not know or understand these policy provisions - and most do not realize that the burden of proof is on them, the policyholder. Most insurance company representatives actually prefer to work with an experienced accredited public insurance adjuster rather than an inexperienced insured.

A Stephen R. Figlin & Associates accredited public insurance adjuster not only has your confidence, but also that of company adjusters who recognize that they are dealing with a professional.

In the event of a fire or similar destruction of property does my insurance pay the entire loss?

This depends upon the type and amount of insurance you carry. It also depends on your expertise or the expertise of your representative, not that of the insurance company's adjuster. Many insurance policies may pay more than the amount shown on the declaration page. A qualified expert working for you can determine everything to which you are entitled.

Why should I engage Figlin & Associates to obtain what is rightfully due to me?

Insurance companies offer to pay what is due to you as they see it. Stephen R. Figlin & Associates Adjusters are your exclusive representatives. With our experience and knowledge they are better able to obtain a more favorable adjustment for you, the insured.

What is the extent of their responsibility?

Your public insurance adjuster assists with every phase of preparing and presenting your claim, as well as accomplishing an adjustment for you which is equitable and includes everything to which you are entitled under your insurance policy.

How do they determine the actual loss?

We take a physical inventory, obtain all pertinent appraisals and make sure all provisions in your policy are properly fulfilled. This often involves numerous steps of which you may know little or nothing, but can make a significant difference in the amount of the final adjustment.

What special help can Figlin & Associates give me with technical questions?

We are the experts to turn to when such matters arise. They are concerned only with your interests. Because of their broad experience and specialized knowledge, they prepare your claim so that you can recover to the fullest extent on your insurance coverages. It is up to you to prove your loss. There may be many questions and problems as to how the policy provisions can be applied in different circumstances.

Will Figlin & Associates help me receive a more prompt and satisfactory settlement?

Yes. We lose no time in complying with the policy requirements to obtain and evaluate the facts and prepare the claim. The alert, knowledgeable and prompt service they render often preserves evidence that may otherwise be overlooked or destroyed. The more thoroughly and completely your claim is compiled and prepared, the faster your public insurance adjuster can accomplish an equitable and proper settlement in you best interest

Once a policyholder has witnessed the skill and knowledge of the accredited public insurance adjusters of Stephen R. Figlin & Associates, he or she rarely will attempt to settle a claim without the benefit of their specialized assistance. Stephen R. Figlin & Associates most frequent sources of new clients are the recommendations of those we have previously served.

In the event of a loss, what steps should I take?

Promptly report the loss to the agent or broker, or directly to the insurance company - and immediately retain the services of an accredited public insurance adjuster to serve you.

Do Figlin & Associates take care of claims other than fire?

Yes. We will assist you in any claims you may have due to windstorm, explosion, and any other insured losses that are sustained (inland marine, business interruption, rental income, improvements and betterments, commission and profit, reporting forms, additional expense, etc.).

Do they sell insurance or act as insurance agents?

No! If they were to do so, they would become a representative of the insurance company - and they would no longer represent you exclusively and independently.

How much does Figlin & Associates charge for their services?

Fees are contingent upon recovery and on a percentage basis. The percentage can be agreed upon with the insured in advance so that there are no controversies when setllement with the insurance company is concluded. We represent YOU, and only you.

Copyright © 2010 Stephen R. Figlin & Associates